Today ePaper
Rahbar e Kisan International

Qatar Keeps Invitation Open for Iran to Review Operations

English , Qatar - قطر , Snippets , / Wednesday, August 19th, 2026

Advisor to Prime Minister and Official Spokesperson for Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Invitation Remains Open for Iran to Review Details of Search, Rescue Operations for Its Pilots

Doha, August 18 (QNA): Advisor to the Prime Minister and Official Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Dr. Majed bin Mohammed Al Ansari confirmed Tuesday that Qatar’s invitation remains open for Iran to send a technical team to review all details of the search and rescue operations related to its pilots.
During the weekly press briefing of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Al Ansari said Qatar was surprised by recent Iranian media statements, which he described as “completely baseless” and containing illogical claims. He stressed that the State of Qatar had taken all necessary measures in accordance with its international and humanitarian obligations.
Dr. Al Ansari explained that the Iranian aircraft involved had entered Qatari airspace and targeted the city of Doha. He said the aircraft were dealt with according to the known rules of engagement after it was confirmed that they had violated Qatari airspace.
He added that contact had been made with the pilots, but there was no response. This, he said, necessitated taking the necessary measures, while Qatari search and rescue teams immediately began their work in accordance with the relevant international obligations.
The Qatari official emphasized that the search and rescue teams carried out their responsibilities fully and succeeded in finding the remains of one of the pilots. The Iranian side was informed, and the search operation was concluded after the remains were recovered. He said the body was handed over to the Iranian authorities, who subsequently held a funeral.
Dr. Al Ansari noted that Qatar had received an Iranian delegation and provided information concerning the details of the search and rescue operations. However, he said the Iranian side did not respond to the earlier official invitation to send a technical team to examine the details directly.
He stressed that Qatar remains firm in protecting its sovereignty and confronting any similar aggression in the future. Regarding Qatar-Iran relations, he said Qatar has faced violations of its sovereignty while taking measures to protect its security and the security of residents on its territory.
At the same time, Dr. Al Ansari emphasized the importance of respecting the sovereignty of states and maintaining coexistence based on mutual respect. He noted that the geography of the region requires its countries to continue living together and maintaining relations founded on respect for sovereignty.
Addressing efforts to reduce regional escalation, Dr. Al Ansari said the immediate focus is on containing the current crisis and returning to the diplomatic track. He pointed to developments involving the violation of the ceasefire and the situation in the Strait of Hormuz, stressing the need to return to the understandings contained in the memorandum of understanding and resume negotiations.
He affirmed that Qatar continues its diplomatic efforts and expressed the country’s aspiration for an agreement between the Sultanate of Oman and Iran concerning the Strait of Hormuz. Such an agreement, he said, would help create conditions for a return to negotiations.
Dr. Al Ansari stressed that achieving a ceasefire, guaranteeing freedom of navigation in the Strait of Hormuz and returning to the negotiating table represent the only way forward. He recalled that mediation efforts involving Qatar and its partners had previously contributed to achieving a ceasefire, but that ceasefire was subsequently violated.
He said the current priority is to stop the escalation and bring the parties back to negotiations, either to implement previous understandings or to reach a new agreement.
Regarding negotiations between Oman and Iran, Dr. Al Ansari said there were no new developments at present, adding that efforts remain underway to reach an agreement that could lead to the resumption of negotiations and help prevent further regional escalation.
On Gulf coordination, he confirmed continued cooperation among GCC countries at the levels of leaders, foreign ministers, and security and defense officials. He said the Gulf diplomatic mechanisms are working collectively to maintain readiness and address any potential repercussions arising from developments in the region.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

روزنامہ رہبر کسان

At 'Your World in Words,' we share stories from all over the world to make friends, spread good news, and help everyone understand each other better.

© 2026
Rahbar International